ANDREA KNEELAND

REQUIREMENTS


You like birds possibly. Maybe donkeys too. Because they have floppy ears and manage to look burdened, but joyful. If you don't like donkeys it can still work as long as you don't call me names and make me cry.

*

Birds are wonderful. If you don't like birds, I understand. They are dirty and carry a number of symbiotic parasites, which some people find unappealing. Also, if you don't tell my friends that I'm a whore, this is a plus. I can watch the birds silently.

*

If you'd like, I can wear sunglasses so you don't see me watching the birds all the time, which I know you think is somewhat odd. There is an enigmatic relationship of angles and proteins between a bird's beak and its talons, which I find fascinating. If you could refrain from shoving me in public, I would be very happy.

*

There are many differences between birds and donkeys. One difference I've found is that birds are more common, in the sense that I see many birds every day but a number of days or even months can pass without a donkey sighting. This is probably because most donkeys do not live in the city. I won't ask you to stop the car or slow down if we see a donkey standing against the foothills on the side of the highway, because this might bother you. If, sometimes, you would tell me that I am pretty, I might cry from the joy.